Urban Intervention: A sip of Queerness

Urban Intervention: A sip of Queerness

On the sunny Sunday afternoon of October 8th I put my camera, a borrowed tripod, clothing and some accessories on my backpack and went on my way to Haebangchon (해방) district in central Seoul, crowded area known for its foreign food restaurants and pubs, over there I went up in the hill to meet up with the amazing Nix.

Nix is a Brazilian visual artist/clubkid/dragqueer based here in Seoul. Through those years living here in Korea, Nix has developed a unique style to his drag persona he describes his own work as: 

“An exploration of beauty and visual representation… I’m more interested in developing in people’s mind some kind of visual impact or questioning instead of giving to them a straight answer… Building and rebuilding myself from inside out and keep my art moving around.”

Nix works has reached the main queer clubs in Seoul, and got even further doing the performance “Fringe” in the Seoul National University Art Gallery and in Hapjeong, also got featured in 2 Korean magazines Groove Korea, Ding Dong Ditch, and in this month’s German edition of Lola.

These are some images of his spectacular work, you can reach Nix through Instagram on: https://www.instagram.com/hellonix/



Together we decided to create a look aiming to catch some reactions on camera, I left Nix in total control of the creative process letting the artist use my body as a blank canvas. Nix also went with me around Haebangchon and took pictures while I was walking around, you can see some of the process:

Used materials


Fast-forward process

Last details


And those are some of the best shots we got:





Reactions:







While walking down the district we also got recognized on Instagram:



Verbal reactions I got:

                                     무서워!
                                                 귀엽다
               "What the fuck is this faggot?"
                                                    "Yas, work it hunny!"
미쳤어!



Huge thanks to Nix.

Tiago.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas